What is Sacrifice?
“A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. Parents sacrifice time and sleep to take care of their children, while kids might sacrifice TV time to hang out with mom and dad.”
In our lives, we always make a sacrifice. Either it’s to Sacrifice something to make us happy, or to sacrifice something to make someone else happy.
Like for example, take this scenario in hand. “Your spouse comes home from work and excitedly tells you that he just was offered a promotion — in another state. Do you quit your job and move away from your family to an unknown city so that he can pursue his career ambitions? Should you?”
Well for this situation, there are obvious pros and cons.
- A happier partner who is likely to reciprocate, If you sacrifice for them. Then they’ll surely reciprocate and sacrifice something back for you.
- The feeling you have when you sacrifice for them, seeing that you caused them to be on top of the world with what you’ve done for them. it’s always going to be a positive reaction to have in any circumstance.
- A loner lasting relationship, you could do it for them so you stay together, it’ll make you grow as a couple, and be a stronger individual.
- You might feel bad, because they might of never sacrificed anything for you. Some people sometimes think “I can’t say no when someone asks for my help.” and this can affect you in many ways.
- You will feel like you aren’t being true to yourself By giving up something you want, or doing something you don’t want to do, all for the sake of your partner, you run the risk of feeling like you aren’t doing it for yourself.
Over the years I’ve made many sacrifices to make people happy, always putting people first. Some were rewarding and some weren’t. For example I had a Daughter when I was 18, Young and single and raising a baby with no help was hard. On top of that I was in full time education. I barely had time to sleep or do anything. I was missing alot of her first aswel because she barely saw me. So one morning I realized I had to make a huge decision. She needed someone who was there for her 24/7. Someone that could pay so much attention to her and not miss anything. So the choice arrived and I gave her up for care under my sister. I sacrificed everything so she could be happy and got what she needed in life. I was a struggling parent that found everything difficult, being at college for 8 hours, then coming back and putting her straight to bed. She needed so much I couldn’t give her. But now she’s a beautiful and smart nearly 3 year old that’s got everything she wants and needs. Maybe one day when I’m sorted I’ll fight for her back. Now though she’s happy and that’s what she needed all along.
Sometimes sacrificing may make you unhappy, and make it challenging in life. When you get older you realize what sacrifice truly means, and right now I know sacrifice means that I need to be happy. I can’t keep doing things for other people. It’s my life and I need to do what makes me, me. We will always look back and regret sacrifices we have made, however we have learnt from them. whether it’s about being a stronger person or knowing when to say that you couldn’t do something for that other person.
So next time you scrifice something I want you to think about how it could change you as a person, don’t let people fall you into sacrificing so much more. Be strong and know what you’re giving up..
Going to stop here before I go on and drag a bit longer, Sorry I haven’t updated in a while darlings. It’s been busy but now I’m sorted I will post more often, stay true to yourself darlings..